This space is available for you to exchange information and advertise new job vacancies. Please note that any vacancy advertising sent to Arts Development UK is free for members, and non-members can now also use the space at a cost per item of £60 (+ VAT). Information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Depot: Operations Manager
Salary range £30- £35K
Closing date for applications is 20th December 2016
Depot is a new Independent 3-Screen Cinema, restaurant/café and educational centre, looking for an experienced, highly competent Operations Manager with an arts and independent cinema background. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to steer a unique independent Cinema and Arts project from pre-launch stage to becoming a key component in its successful establishment in the area. The charity behind the project, aims to create a venue that serves as a focal point for the local cultural community, not only in the area of film but through a wider range of art forms.
The successful post holder will own their role, driving the organisation forward to success and establishing its renown in both the immediate community and across the South of England, fulfilling its ambition to belong amongst the best venues in the region. The cinema will feature an innovative programme of contemporary and classic films plus special events, guest speakers and education workshops. The plans for the Depot are two-fold; to serve the needs of the local community and to look further afield for exciting collaborative opportunities.
Background and Overview
This is a senior Managerial role therefore it is essential for any applicant to be an experienced, confident hands on Operations Manager with a background as Operations Manager in an independent cinema or multi-arts venue from launch stage. You will be at the inception of this exciting project and will be responsible for ensuring its smooth running from early stages through to becoming a prominent local landmark and destination venue in the South for Film and culture. You will lead part of the in-house team bringing strategy and direction to ensure that staff in each team are recruited, managed, motivated and have effective and deliverable tasks and are working within identified targets to be shared and owned by the whole organisation. A passion and knowledge of film is vital to be considered for this post.
- To take overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Cinema and Arts Venue
- To provide leadership to maximise the cinema’s growth and profitability.
- Working alongside the Finance manager to maintain financial controls, ensure costs stay within agreed budgets; take an active role in financial forecasting
- To manage operational shifts at the cinema, ensuring a regular presence at key, busy shifts (including working a fair share of weekends and evenings).
- Supervise managers in finance, administration, box office, kitchen and restaurant
- In conjunction with the board, you will co-ordinate the smooth delivery of the Cinema’s mission and aims
Essential qualities to be Successful
- Degree or practical experience that demonstrates adequate level of knowledge and skills as an Operations Manager in the arts arena
- Leadership skills/ Staff Management skills/ Marketing skills in an arts environment
- Proven financial control skills (budget management).
- Front of House management skills
- Computer skills Documents, spread sheets, email, internet, social media
- Proactive approach Numerical skills (for cash handling, budget management etc.) Literacy skills (report writing, marketing etc.)
- Ability to set high standards of appearance
Career progression and other benefits:
- In-house staff training for career development
- Where appropriate external training
- Unlimited free cinema tickets plus 2 guest tickets a week
- Free hot drinks and draught soft drinks
- Food and Drink discounts
You will be joining a passionate team of directors who are dedicated to presenting an exciting programme of film, fine art, and local events to the area. Depot is based in the Historic town of Lewes, East Sussex. The Operational Manager role is for an immediate start allowing for the successful post holder’s notice period. Apply with CV and covering letter for an initial discussion and further information on the role. Please email your CV and covering letter to Luna at: email@example.com.