Ysbrydoli…ein strategaeth ar gyfer Creadigrwydd a’r Celfyddydau yng Nghymru / Inspire. our strategy for Creativity and the Arts in Wales
Arts Development: UK along with Arts Connect, The Chief Cultural and Leisure Officers across Wales (CCLOW) and the Welsh Local Government Association have submitted a joint response to Arts Council Wales consultation on their new strategy for ‘Creativity and the Arts in Wales’.
We welcome/support/agree with:
- ACW Vision that the arts are central to the life of the nation and that people should “get” the arts
- goal for Wales to be “the creative country”
- strategy being summarised into 3 words: Make, Reach and Sustain
- change of approach – the strategy is not specific to any one art form, it applies to all
- it being intended as an enabling strategy
- desire to nurture an arts ecology distinctive to Wales
- recognition of our bi-lingual culture
- blurring of the boundaries with the creative industries e.g. the mention of supporting young bands alongside supporting theatre companies
- commitment to the new and the contemporary, the living arts
- expectancy for risk taking
You can read our full response here.
The response was prepared by Strinda Davies, Head of Cultural Services RCT CBC. On behalf of: