FREE TRAINING FOR AMATEUR ARTS GROUPS: Making the most of marketing and publicity
The Meeting Place, Mansfield Central Library
Four Seasons Centre, West Gate
NG18 1NH Mansfield
Saturday, March 2, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM (GMT)
Do you help organise an amateur arts group? Do you want to learn more about good marketing and publicity techniques? Does your group want to get started with social media like Facebook and Twitter?To book a place click here or visit http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/5406268294
Nottinghamshire County Council Arts Service working with trainer Pete Mosely, is delivering a session to help groups get the most out of their marketing. Pete has worked with arts groups and organisations since 1984 and has enormous experience of delivering training and support to groups on topics such as marketing/social networking.
The session will be a combination of presentations, participation, discussion and Q’s and A’s to ensure that everyone, irrespective of their level of prior knowledge and experience can come away feeling that they have learned something that they can put to good use straight away. The sessions will contain the following key building blocks:
- Definitions and de-mystification of advertising, marketing and publicity.
- Thinking about your audience – demographics and segmentation.
- Thinking about tools and techniques – what’s right for the job?
- The marketing ‘mix’.
- Traditional vs. Online – what are the relative strengths and weaknesses of each?
- An exploration of Social media (particularly Facebook & Twitter) and techniques to build a base of likes and followers.
- Working with local press – sample press releases and press pack structure, plus how to build useful relationships with you local press.A personal marketing ‘action plan’ checklist.
Light refreshments provided throughout the day
Please come along and find out more!
For more information click here: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/5406268294